Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day Slumber Party!

Wine, paper, markers, glue, embellishments and most of all, creativity was all my friend Michael and I needed for our slumber party. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, we collaborated together and made this lovely card for his room mate. It's been almost a year since the last time I posted, my how time flies! The challenges I am entering with this card are The Pink Elephant: Be My Valentine, Stampin for the Weekend #3: St. Valentine's Day, and Papertake Weekly Challenge: Have A Heart. The sketch I used is from Friday Sketchers #141. Happy browsing!

The sketch provided for challenge 141 from Friday Sketchers.

The cover of the card with little floating hearts and sequin embellishments. The background behind the image is also embossed.

Side view of the card.

Here's a view to show the layers. The colors remind me a bit of a cheeseburger with mustard, ketchup, and lettuce! :)

The materials we used for the card were... Martha Stewart punch for the hearts. Copic markers for coloring the image, paper from SEI, and some Prima flowers inside the card. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Fab card, great image. Have a lovely time.

MJ said...

This is the best card EVER!!!!!!!

Angie said...

Fab card love the image thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie x

Cami said...

VIVIAN!!! I'm shocked, surprised, and happy! I don't know what made me click on your blog addy because it's been a very looooooong time and what a nice surprise to find you actually posted this cute card just last week! Eeeek! Over a year Vivian!!! Don't give up and keep squeezing some craft time in OK!
Hugs, Cami

cabio's craft corner said...

How fun doing cards with friends together. I bet Michael is ready to do spring cards soon :o)
Can't wait to come and I am ready for Pleasanton. (Need anything?)
Hugs,
Cabio

Counter