Friday, January 29, 2010

Surfer Birthday Card

Today was my first day at my new job, so I was a bit tired. Earlier in the day I found out that we were going to celebrate a birthday at the office. I volunteered to do a card, so here is an attempt at a boy card, which is always so challenging! I used a new stamp from Pink Cat Studios that my lovely aunt sent me in the mail... along with some Copic markers, yay!! I used a surfer image because this co-worker is also going on vacation to a tropical location.

Here is my creation:
Here is a side view:
Here is the inside:

Close up of the layered scalloped Nesties:
As previously mentioned, I used a stamp from the Pink Cat Studios. Scalloped Nestabilities. Martha Stewart edger punch (presents). Cuttlebug dot embossing. I tore the waves myself and used an ink pad from Stampin' Up to add the darker blue. Ribbon from American Crafts. Fish brads were found at Michael's for a few cents. Happy birthday stamp on the the front and inside were also from Stampin' Up. The waves and the sun were miscellaneous items I just had lying around, probably from some old scrapbook kit. I will return and update this more thoroughly tomorrow, as I need to rest up for day number two! Goodnight all and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

Very cute surfing background for him. The summery color scheme on this is so cool!
Hugs,
Cabio

Pam said...

HOw cute! I just love the waves!
~Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

lena said...

I love it. So cute. I like to invite you to my blog for a custom made apron give away. Enter @ lenascrafts.blogspot.com

Counter