Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sugar Bowl Challenge #16

Been having a lot of spare time on my hands since I've been out of college, so what better thing to do than to join challenges?? This one is for the Sugar Bowl Challenge #16.

Here's the sketch:
Here's my creation!
Close up of Gorjuss Girl and doodling (lines and dots):
This was my first time trying to add some shadow/shading underneath to ground my image (as wonderfully suggested by Diana from Magnolia-licious). Though I tried, I do not think it turned out too well. Does anyone have any tips and suggestions? I color with Copics, so perhaps someone can help me with improving in this department. Also, I am wondering what others use for gluing their ribbons. Here there are four layers of ribbon: brown, cream, green, and a creamy/clear layer on top. It was difficult to get the glue from showing. Let me know if you have any suggestions! Thanks so much!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Gorgeous interpretation of the sketch! Your coloring looks fabulous!! Unfortunely I do not have copics but I think your shadow looks fine!!
Love this image!! Thanks so much for playing along in the challenge :)Kathy

Lilian said...

Beautiful card! Love the background of the girl. Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a great day!

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous Gurjoss Girl coloring and the cute way on taken this sketch. Love the glitterey DP you choose on this card. The rhinestones are a
great touch! Good luck and I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
Hugs,
Cabio

Ying Pang, said...

beautiful card!! for gluing the ribbon I used a red tape, just like double sided tape, you can make a search at some craft stores.HTH

hugs,
ying

Counter